Thursday, April 20, 2006

Beat it!

My fingers hurt.

From all the mindless writing I did for my exams.

Filling pages with other peoples stories, giving critical commentary on pieces, some of which I've never even read.

But I must admit, I did this M.A. in english simply to get back in touch with literature. Since I did a bachelors in mass media we barely did any literature and it had been three years since I analysed poetry or looked at a text with any historical or sociological context.

Sure, there are poems and pieces you don't really want to "read into" so deeply into and you'd rather just enjoy for the feel of it.

Nonetheless, it is quite amusing to have some more perspectives to the
works and enjoy them in their historical context. It also helps trying to get into the mind of the author. Ain't it funny, you never know if you're trying to get into the author's mind or if the author's trying to get into yours....

Oh there I go again, writing mindlessly.

So, I don't care if the examiner is getting paid two rupees to correct those 35 damned pages i aggressively wrote through - ofcourse, provided I pass and ofcourse, i wouldn't mind a first class - sigh, beggars can't be choosers though.

But you don't HAVE to do your M.A. in english to be interested in some writing. Here's something I stumbled upon during my research, its about the beat generation, a group of poets from not too long ago.
Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.litkicks.com/Texts/ThisIsBeatGen.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Amol said...

Nice post.

Only thing.. for gods sake get ur background colour and text colour to contrast accordingly, so we can at least read the article without highlighting the entire post !

LOL.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home